Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lifefactory Glass Beverage Bottles

I have a new favorite product. Really, really favorite! I've been searching for something like this and I finally found it and it's every bit as amazing as I thought it would be.

Okay, maybe I need to get a life and not get so excited over a drinking bottle, but I really can't help it.

I've been working hard at drinking more water, and I don't like bottled water and I don't like to drink out of plastic. So, I got a stainless steel bottle, which is nice, but not exactly what I was looking for. It has a sports cap and I just plain don't drink as much from a sports cap as I do from a glass. Lazy, I guess. Plus, I picked up on a little bit of a metallic taste that I'd heard people mention.

So, I wanted glass. I didn't want a sports cap but I wanted some sort of a lid so that I could take it with me. Or keep it from spilling when the kids knocked it over every 12 minutes. When I finally found Lifefactory Beverage Bottles, I knew they were what I wanted.

They arrived today. Love at first sight. Seriously. The glass is thick but not overly heavy. It's contoured so that it fits perfectly in my hand. The silicone sleeve helps protect it and provides a better grip. Did I mention that it's plastic-free and completely non-toxic? Even better than that, it's dishwasher safe! You don't even have to remove the sleeve while washing. The entire thing goes in the dishwasher (unlike my stainless bottle), which scores big points with me!

The bottles hold 22 oz (650 ml), and have a wide opening, making it easy to add ice, lemon wedges, or tea bags. It also makes it easier to drink out of. There's that laziness thing again, but I drank four bottles tonight without even thinking about it.

My biggest concern was what color to choose. I went with the pearl white (so much prettier than in the pictures!). I figured it would go with everything. The problem is that I love the other colors, too, and honestly want one in every color!

These bottles are BPA, phthalate, PVC, and polycarbonate free. The glass is made in France, the lids are made in Poland, and the sleeve is made in the U.S.A.
Assembly is in the U.S.A. also.


Glassbevbottle


Great quality, feel good, look good, and functional. I'm sold.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise,

    Thanks for following me. I loooove your blog. My daughter is finishing her degree in environmental sciences and I find your blog so apropos. Thanks for sharing.

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails