Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Soap for Teeth??

I've heard about different tooth soaps for years. While the idea sounded kind of strange to me, enough people raved about them to make me curious. I heard about how amazingly well they clean and how they help irritated gums. Many people said that they would never even consider going back to regular toothpaste.

So, I looked around online.

I was struck by a couple of things. First, the price was, well...really high! I just couldn't see spending $30.00 to brush my teeth! Also, some of the products looked just like little pieces of soap, and honestly, that just didn't appeal to me. There may have been more to them than that; I moved on after seeing the pictures.

So, I never did try any type of tooth soap.

Well, I just learned about a handmade product called Soap for Teeth. Cathy, who makes Soap for Teeth, said that it had rapidly become one of her best sellers! People tried it and kept coming back for more.

We did something we don't normally do; we ordered Soap for Teeth for Truly Pure & Natural before trying it. Cathy's recommendation was so strong that we felt comfortable doing that.

I tried it, and honestly, I was a bit surprised at first. I'm used to a sweet taste when I brush, and there was absolutely no sweetness in this product. I could definitely taste the soap, and I wasn't expecting that!

I brushed for two minutes, and afterwards my teeth felt so clean! I don't know how to describe it except to say that they felt different than they'd ever felt after brushing. The peppermint left my mouth feeling a little bit tingly, too.

I've only been using Soap for Teeth for a week or so, and I'll come back and update later on. So far, I'm okay with it. For people who want really clean feeling teeth and gums, and for people who are sugar-free and are avoiding all sweeteners, this is a good product.

Soap for Teeth is a liquid and comes in a 1-ounce cobalt blue bottle (we will be getting 4-ounce bottles in soon) with a dropper. Simply wet your toothbrush, place about four drops of Soap for Teeth on your brush, and you're ready to go.

Oh, and the price? A fraction of the cost of the other products I've seen out there!

soap for teeth


1 comment:

  1. Denise -- I've felt the same way about tooth soap! Have heard so many good comments about it but yet couldn't feel good about the price. Thanks for your review. I'll look forward to your followup review and I might just give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails