Sunday, October 31, 2010

Brad's Raw Leafy Kale

Brad has come out with a new snack food: Brad's Raw Leafy Kale!

Brad's Kale

I'll be honest; I wasn't terribly excited when I first heard about it. I've made my own kale that was okay, but far from delicious. I've tried other brands that were so bad they were inedible, at least in my opinion!

So, Nick came home with the three new varieties of Brad's kale, and I begrudgingly tried them.

I started with the Naked variety. Within about 20 seconds, I pulled the container over to me, and told Nick that I was no longer interested in sharing with him!

Let me explain it this way: I like Brad's Chips a lot. I've said before that they're not for everyone, especially people who are used to eating refined foods. I've been following a raw diet for a couple of months now, and Brad's chips taste good to me because of their great crunch. However, the leafy kale is a whole different ballgame. I absolutely love them! They are so good that I don't want to stop eating them. They are just plain delicious!

My only complaint is the name. To me, Naked implies that there's no seasoning, that it's just plain, dehydrated kale. That is so far from true! They are loaded with cheesy flavor. Loaded!

Oh yeah, there are other varieties, aren't there? There's the Vampire Killer, which is onion and garlic. It's tasty. Honestly, I'd probably like it a lot better if I hadn't first tried the absolutely perfect Naked variety.

There's also the Nasty Hot variety. The name is not deceiving, believe me. It has a great flavor but it's just too hot for me. If you're into really hot, you won't be disappointed.

So, I was forced to return to the Naked (should be called Cheesy) variety. What can I say? I gotta do what I gotta do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails