Brad's Leafy Kale and New York Naturals Kale Chips, and people loved them! He sometimes had to lure them away from the chocolate next door, and then he had to convince them to take that first taste. Some people were reluctant; others had no clue what kale even was!
So, for those who don't know a thing about kale, it is:
- A dark, leafy green cruciferous vegetable
- One of the healthiest, nutrient-rich vegetables around
- An excellent source of calcium, especially since it lacks oxalic acid, found in most other greens, which blocks the absorption of calcium
- High in Vitamins K, A, and C
- A source of Manganese, a trace mineral which helps promote strong bones, healthy nerves, and which supports the thyroid gland
- A source of carotenoids, especially lutein, which help prevent damage to the eyes from exposure to ultraviolet light
- Thought to have both cancer-preventative benefits because of its antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory benefits
- Extremely low in calories
We love kale and we want to share that love! If you see us at a show, please stop by for a sample. People who initially turned up their noses at it, loved it enough that they brought their friends back to try it!
For those who aren't local, we're going to have a kale giveaway in the very near future. Keep an eye out for it!
Oh, and we caught word that New York Naturals will soon be offering Coconut Chocolate Kale Chips, so soon we'll have the best of both worlds: Kale and Chocolate!